PDA

View Full Version : Links folder in favourites menu (ie6.0)

05-04-2002, 08:44 PM
I would like to be able to delete once and for all the links folder in my favourites menu. Every time i restart my box, it is always there and I do not want it. Is there a way to remove it and stop it from ever coming back (short of having a batch file run on startup!!)???

Cheers,
Jimbob

05-04-2002, 09:35 PM
Why don't you want it?

Are you aware that you can delete the default rubbish in it and put your own links in there? Then you can have the Links toolbar up the top of your screen for quick access to your favorite sites instead of fumbling through the favorites menu.

I love mine, and guess which link is first in the queue? ;-)

05-04-2002, 09:54 PM
I couldn't do without mine. I rename all my links with short names so that I can fit a lot along the bar.

But you can shut down the link bar in view if you want to.

06-04-2002, 12:35 AM
You can't delete it, it'll always come back.

And before you say that there are programs out there that do delete it, I'll just add that they don't. They set the folder's attributes to 'Hidden' so that it doesn't appear in the Favourites menu.

And you can do the same. Just open Windows Explorer, navigate to the Favourites folder (Under Win Favourites I guess), open the Fav folder, right click on 'Links' folder, click properties, and tick the 'hidden' attribute, and OK. That should do it for you.

Mike.

07-04-2002, 02:05 PM
Cheers Mike, Alright!!! It's gone at last, you have no idea how many times i tried to get rid of it!!!

Jimbob