PDA

View Full Version : DVD CD-RW Hotmail and Win XP

05-04-2002, 08:02 PM
My DVd player sometimes stops when playing a DVD, I have a P111 1.3ghz with 256 ram
I suspect it may be not enough ram Is this the case

My xp does not shut down it always goes into a restart whatever button I press

My CD-RW worked fine at first then I upgraded to nero 5.5 software and now I can only copy cd's at 4x speed and not the original 8x

Finally, is it possible to use my e-mails that I recieve via Hotmail the same as if I was recieving from Xtra ie save them automatically to my hard drive and not have to download every e-mail every time
Sorry there are several questions

05-04-2002, 08:23 PM
Dave,

re: your DVD - 256mb is heaps for playing DVDs so that shouldn't be the problem. Does it happen on all DVDs or just one? Your DVD disk could be scratched.

HTH

Mike.

05-04-2002, 08:41 PM
Regarding your Hotmail - the answer is Yes.

In Outlook Express (if that is what you are using), go to Tools, Accounts and click on Add > Mail.

Fill in the boxes until you get to the 'I already have an email account' page. Now type in your Hotmail account in full, eg dave@hotmail.com

Carry on with the rest of the wizard and say Yes to downloading the accounts now (make sure you're online).

One tip: Once the account is set up, go back to the Accounts dialogue box, click on your new Hotmail account, then Properties and remove the tick in the 'Include this account when receiving mail or synchronising', otherwise it can sometimes muck things up a bit.

To download your hotmail emails, go to Tools, Send and Receive and click on your hotmail account.

That's it!