PDA

View Full Version : System ini

05-04-2002, 10:47 AM
my computer when started told me system ini has either be moved or deleted i have tried to add another system ini file on by floppy but that failed please help
I run Windows 95 and i have a boot disk..how do i use it what are the commands???

05-04-2002, 12:19 PM
aidan

You might find it quicker and easier to just reinstall win95 from your CD. System.ini contains a lot of settings that your computer needs and unless you have a backup copy it is going to have to be recreated.

Reinstalling Windows will not affect your data or settings so it could be easiest.

Alternatively, if your computer will boot up in safe mode (press F8 during the boot process before it says starting windows) try start/find and search for system.ini. It should be in C:\windows so if you find it elsewhere you can use explorer to put it back.

Another option is to search for system.* and choose the most recently dated system.oox file in C:\windows. Rename it system.ini then reboot and you should be ok.

I don't know what options your boot disk gives you but unless you are familiar with file manipulation in a non-windows environment it may not help.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)