PDA

View Full Version : Disposing of empty printer cartridges

04-04-2002, 08:48 PM
After reading Robo's post on refilling printer cartridges it reminded me that I wanted to ask about what to do with empty cartridges.

I've got a couple of HP printers but don't go through the ink that quick. Nevertheless, I'm relunctant to throw away these cartridges (don't want to refill), being environmentally conscious and all that.

Is there somewhere I can take them for recycling or something? Preferably in ChCh.

04-04-2002, 09:17 PM
Try a place that sells refilled cartridges. One here in Hamilton is only too pleased to get the empties.

04-04-2002, 09:19 PM
I just put mine in the bin by the computer. Don't know where it goes from there.

JM

04-04-2002, 09:29 PM
Tried my first (and last) HP refill recently.

It worked, it leaked, it faded.

Empties will now go to the tip.

Incidentally, I believe cartridges can only be refilled once - so they're going to end up in a balefill anyway.

05-04-2002, 05:45 PM
Have a look at www.inkjet.co.nz/ which is NZ Shareware, 115a Conway St, Christchurch. They refill at good prices. They might like to get HP cartridges.

I'm going there for Epson cartridges: $10 for black, $15 for colour.

I've looked at refill kits: the refill kit from Calidad cost exactly the same as the Calidad replacement cartridge. I'm not prepared to do it myself at prices like this.