PDA

View Full Version : uninstalling xp

04-04-2002, 08:17 AM
I have XP on one of our home computers but this is seriously incompatable with some of my kids educational games and now wish to reload Windows ME or 98. I cannot uninstall XP via the control panel and it will not let me load ME either from the desktop or at computer setup. Any ideas?

04-04-2002, 08:30 AM
I could be wrong here as we don't use XP but most MS products don't allow you to go backwards.

Maybe create another partition and dual boot between 98/ME and XP as required or reformat and reinstall 98/ME.

Cannot help you with dual booting though a good program for creating partitions would be Partition Magic.

If you want to know about reformatting look at this site

www.cyberwalker.net

on there home page look to the left and there is a list of How To's, select format and follow the links to other pages in the site.

If you want to dual boot, hopefully someone here will be able to point you in the right direction.

04-04-2002, 10:22 AM
Have you tried running the games in compatability mode? XP provides for 95/98/me/nt/2000 compatability if you set it.

07-04-2002, 02:09 PM
You will probably have to format your harddrive, and do a new installation of 98.