PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Susan B

04-04-2002, 12:22 AM
Critical I.E. patch installed, thank you. However, do we need those long microsoft url's which are so easy to get wrong?
I just enter microsoft's reference i.e. MS02-015, into google and, bingo, there it is, one more click and you are there.

04-04-2002, 07:36 AM
It is always possible to copy a url wrong but my guess would be that Susan would have simply copy and pasted.
Then you have people here who have never heard of Google or have no idea what Windows Updates is...........

Suppose it is a bit of a catch 22, someone like your self, you know where to go to get it or how to search for it, others are still learning and the full link is so helpful to them.

04-04-2002, 11:16 AM
You're welcome, John.

Yes, I did click on the link, copy it and then paste it. I assumed that people would just copy it from the page and paste it into their address bar, as that's how I always do it.

Also, on Press F1 you can click on the View button alongside a post and will find a clickable link to take you directly there, but that is not widely known.

Thanks for your tip regarding Google, I never thought of that one so you must be a person who thinks outside the square, something I'm not very good at! :-)