PDA

View Full Version : BIOS password help please

03-04-2002, 11:40 PM
Hi People
My friend has bought a new soundcard to replace his onboard one.
When trying to install it,his BIOS turned out to have a password.The manufacturer told him they never ship with a p/w.
Goodness knows how it got there.Is there any way to read or circumvent it?
thanks for any help !
cheers
Pete

03-04-2002, 11:48 PM
Basically, you have to 'clear' your cmos setup (your mobo manual will show you the jumper to adjust to do this). This will clear all your bios settings, so you need to be confident you can sort out anything that may need a non-standard adjustment. With the cmos cleared - so are the bios passwords!

03-04-2002, 11:49 PM
hi
to clear bios passwords you need to pop open you case and look for a jumber on the motherboard which says something like CLPW or similar . It should hane a jumper on it , just change it around and reboot

Failing that yoou could remove the bois battery, leave it out for atleast 10 mins with the power discounted to the PSU

03-04-2002, 11:51 PM
I wonder if the manufacturer gave you the motherboard manual?

Probably not but this would come in handy.

You'll need to locate a jumper that resets the CMOS on your motherboard. If you can't locate it you may have to visit your Mobo's manufacturer's website and download the manual and locate where the jumper is to reset the CMOS.

This usually just requires you to take the shunt off the jumpers to short the CMOS and then replacing it. You'll need to re-enter all your BIOS/CMOS information again as it should have been reset to the BIOS default without a password.

03-04-2002, 11:54 PM
the ONLY way to remove a BIOS password is to remove your CMOS battery, just find a watch type battery somewhere on your mobo and remove it, leave it over night just to be sure.

04-04-2002, 12:05 AM
and for some werid reason none of that works there are biois password crackers around.

04-04-2002, 10:17 PM
Yeah, what they said. The jumper doesn't always say CLPW or whatever that other person said. On my computer it is P14. It is best if you get your motherboard manual before you start playing around with any jumpers or... Fizz!

Simon

04-04-2002, 10:20 PM
Yeah, what they said. The jumper doesn't always say CLPW or whatever that other person said. On my computer it is P14. It is best if you get your motherboard manual before you start playing around with any jumpers or... Fizz!

Simon

04-04-2002, 10:22 PM

Simon

06-04-2002, 09:01 AM
try lkwpeter

or LKWPETER

06-04-2002, 09:54 AM
Thanks for all the info Guys !Its great..Have passed it on and my mate is about to dive under the lid..
Cheers
Pete