PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP and Office 97

03-04-2002, 04:34 PM
Hi

I'm new here so be gentle! I have recently purchased a new computer with Windows XP. It only comes with Works and I am wanting to update to Office. I have a copy of 97 but when I try to install it says that I am not a licensed user of the eligable software. Does 97 not work on XP or do I have to upgrade to Office 2000 or XP?

03-04-2002, 06:24 PM
This might sound a little silly but you have entered the correct serial haven't you?, you are not mistaking a 0 for a O or something like that.
Bit of a no no I suppose but you could always try someone else copy of Office 97 or go on to the net and get a new serial if all else fails

03-04-2002, 07:38 PM
Dou you have the 'full' version of Office or are you trying to load an 'upgrade'? From memory, the upgrade version requires at least one product of a previous version of office to be resident on your computer.

03-04-2002, 07:56 PM
Wuppo has a very good point, have you got a FULL version or a UPGRADE, a upgrade will probaby look for something to upgrade from.

I have a full version of Office 97 that we no longer use as we use 2000, if you are interested I could off load it to you.

Interested....post back with a contact email and I will be in touch.