PDA

View Full Version : Chaintech products...anyone used them??

03-04-2002, 03:56 PM
Just wondering if anyone here has any experiences with Chaintech products???

Good/Bad???

03-04-2002, 06:10 PM
I used them for a short period of time. They seem to have no continuity in the product quality. I still have one of their INtel BX mobo's that works like a dream but ive had heaps of boards with issues. I would not suggest buying them unless your into the lottery thing.

03-04-2002, 06:52 PM
By products I assume you mean mobos - and there are quite a few sites that review / rate mobos. Generally speaking I have yet to see any that feature prominently in any rankings - do a Google search and check it out for yourself -

03-04-2002, 07:52 PM
I don't know if there any good or not.

But there certainly has been an increase in Chaintech products for sale.

<http://www.overclockers.co.nz/> reviewed their GF4 MX440

JM

03-04-2002, 08:18 PM
My friend had one (mobo) in his PC Company PC and even with all the Google searching in the world we couldn't find a bios for that model. PC Company didn't want to know. The PC (PIII) was 2 years old. Recommend: Avoid.

03-04-2002, 08:34 PM
I had a Chaintech motherboard for a year. Basically it was stable and dependable but it never impressed me the way my preferred make ( Asus ) does. It did not really seem stable operating out of specs ( overclocking) and struck me as being sluggish running normally. I was not impressed at all with the BIOS which I felt was lacking in functionality. Personally I have no intention of using another and would not recommend them.

03-04-2002, 11:50 PM
chaintech aren't that great, we have stocked a few of them, but have decided not to stock them any more.

and to be honest Asus boards aren't to great either, we have had many problems with there hardware, so we have decided not to stock them either, we find the most reliable boards to be soltek, and second to them abit, roles reverse for performance and stability, but you pay a bit more for it.

I have an abit KT7A and I love it.

www.oemcomputers.co.nz