PDA

View Full Version : Typing Web site

02-04-2002, 01:55 PM
hi

does anyone know a site where it would tell me my words per minute?

02-04-2002, 02:37 PM
Hi. I kinda doubt a web site could possibly give you an accurate result, as there are delays in the transmission and recipt of every input to another site. What you need is a program installed on your computer itself to do the job. But... I suspect one of the better word-processing proggies such as MS Word could do it for you.

But how about this option - for a very small fee I could get you to do it yourself - Get a KeyStroke Timer - (a common wristwatch will do) - at the moment the second hand hits the '12' start typing a random section of text from any book that you haven't read before (I suggest you avoid Ignet Sygnll's Guide to Antrthropological Phylosophical Meanderings of the Universe). When the second hand next reaches the '12' stop typing. The time taken to cast a glance at the watch will assist in helping the test form a real-life typing environment. Then count the number of words you've typed, and lo and behold - you now have your wpm typing speed.

Just so this response isn't totally a waste of F1's server space - there's a difference between typing speed, measured in wpm (words per minute) and data entry speed, measured in kph (keystrokes per hour). For example, my typing speed is 36 wpm (pretty damn impressive for a non-female typing expert using at most 5 fingers), and my data entry is 6400 kph.

Nazdrvya!

02-04-2002, 07:51 PM
go to <http://www.download.com/>

and download a free trial of a Typing Tutor.

JM