PDA

View Full Version : icon disappeared

02-04-2002, 07:37 AM
Installed a programme and the icon appeared near the clock for opening when required.
However on starting up this morning found it was not there. Tried re-installing, to no avail, and there is no contact e-mail on the 'read me'. Any ideas? S. M.

02-04-2002, 08:04 AM
Hi SM
I'm no 'gun', but assuming your new program appears on your startr/programmes list... select start/programmes/startup and if your program's icon isn't there (probably won't be if the program's not launching on startup), you'll have to find the .exe file that launches your new program and place it in the startup folder.
OR manually launch the new program and look for a configure/options tab in one of the drop down menus - you can usually (not always, though!) set a program to launch at startup from within the configure/options menu.
See how you get on - I'm happy to help further if you get stuck.
Cheers
Lynne Hawkins

02-04-2002, 08:05 AM
Hi SM
I'm no 'gun', but assuming your new program appears on your startup/programmes/ list... select start/programmes/startup and if your program's icon isn't there (probably won't be if the program's not launching on startup), you'll have to find the .exe file that launches your new program and place it in the startup folder.
OR manually launch the new program via the start/programs/ list and look for a configure/options tab in one of the drop down menus - you can usually (not always, though!) set a program to launch at startup from within the configure/options menu.
Cheers
Lynne Hawkins

02-04-2002, 08:08 AM
Hi SM
I'm no 'gun',and have only got experience with Windows 95 & Millenium Edition, but assuming your new program appears on your startup/programmes/ list... select start/programmes/startup and if your program's icon isn't there (probably won't be if the program's not launching on startup), you'll have to find the .exe file that launches your new program and place it in the startup folder.
OR manually launch the new program via the start/programs/ list and look for a configure/options tab in one of the drop down menus - you can usually (not always, though!) set a program to launch at startup from within the configure/options menu.
Cheers
Lynne Hawkins

02-04-2002, 08:27 AM
See what I mean about being no 'gun'??!
Sorry about all the repeats - I was proof reading my reply to you as the page was loading and thought that by pressing the 'stop' button, my reply to you wasn't being sent,allowing me time for corrections - obviously not!
Cheers
Lynne

02-04-2002, 06:22 PM
Thanks Lynne. But still no joy . Incidentally the programme is 'spychecker' and it is listed on the start/menu and clicking brings up , licence, read me and install.. That is as far as it gets .. Can not find an .exe file . Not to worry about the ' gun' part. I am on a big learning curve .. Cheers..S/M.

03-04-2002, 06:23 PM
Hi Lynne. Found the w/site but was not able to get any joy from there.. Have decided to uninstall and may try again .. Appreciated the time and effort you put in.. Thanks..S.M.