PDA

View Full Version : Linux drivers for Lucent Win Modem

01-04-2002, 05:48 PM
i just wanted to know if there were any linux drivers for this modem type.. it's a 56K internal PCI modem. I would appreciate a website if you can't tell me where to get a driver for this modem

01-04-2002, 08:07 PM
Yes there are linux drivers out there for your winmodem.

Generally, only the source code is available though, so unless you are familiar with compiling from source I would recommend against this option.

If you post what distribution you are using or more importantly what kernel you are running I can email you a binary driver in either rpm or tar.gz format.

02-04-2002, 12:10 PM
www.linmodem.org

03-04-2002, 11:42 PM
http://www.heby.de/ltmodem Just download the drivers from here, untar them and then follow the instructions in 1ST-READ. They are very easy to follow and it should get you up and running in no time.

OpenOs
06-09-2002, 09:32 PM
Hello , I recently installed Linux Redhat 7.2 kernal number 2.4.7-10 , the modem has been my reason for crawling back to Windows XP
thanks

T.B

PS ( What would be the best format ? )

Stumped Badly
06-09-2002, 11:04 PM
I just installed a "Pragmatic" winmodem in one of my Linux machines & there were Linux drivers on the disk. First time I had bothered to try a winmodem & it works perfectly under Red Hat. Bought it brand new on Trademe for $45 a third of the price of an external.