PDA

View Full Version : Zonealarm Ver 3.025 causing problems

01-04-2002, 03:14 PM
I was trialling the latest version of Zonealarm Pro and found some annoying problems. Windows media player wouldn't play any of my mpeg files on the hard drive. It was showing that it was playing them but the bar wasn't moving across as it normaly does when it plays a audio or video clip. The file sharing program Kazaa wouldn't work. I refered to the readme file which said that you had to allow server access for these to work. I tried a number of settings in Zonealarm but nothing seemed to work unless I shut Zonealarm down. Has anyone else had this problem and is there fix around it?

Thanks

Jeremy

01-04-2002, 03:48 PM
there have been at least two silent bug fix releases since its come out. check for updates. try with the ad blocking etc off.

if still no joy uninstall it. theres been no end of problems with it. i'm trying out outpost myself (better but not perfect).

04-04-2002, 08:24 PM
ZoneAlarm 3 stops a lot of things working. I put it at the lowest settings and could not get KaZaA to work at all and had to got to the ZoneAlarm web site to find out what files I had to take out after uninstalling so I could put older version back in. What a nightmare.