PDA

View Full Version : Jetstart a grounded hot air ballon

31-03-2002, 09:15 PM
So just what is the deal with Jetststart.
I'm paying mega $$$ for a service that just doesn't work!! Costant disconnections, the connection just does not stay up at all!!...Drops out after 5 mins...slows to a stop ...looses server TCP/IP prtocal errors...just contsatantly!!!..and you get the same old party line every time you phone the helpdesk..the service is just rubbish and I'm paying good money to get a high speed connection. Just look at the bullitin boards all over the net...everyone agrees, and even telecom has admitted it partially, their relays and signal to noise problems are horrendous and yet they are doing nothing about it and ripping off the consumer.....where are the big expose critical newspieces about the big telco offering rubbsih service and making the punters pay while they iron out all the bugs.....eh The net is just full of how bad Jeststart is...so where is the big story...to afraid of Big Bad Telecom I bet...or are we on the payroll?..its just drooped out again while I posted this message UUUURRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

31-03-2002, 09:55 PM
Mine connection never drops. Have you an internal modem? I have a M1122 and it never drops, expensive but worth it. I suggest you visit www.arrogantbastard.co.nz and let off some steam.

31-03-2002, 10:10 PM
Ah the joys of a cable modem... they work!

31-03-2002, 10:32 PM
Have to agree with aj on this.
I use ni500. In hindsight I should have spent the extra dosh on m1122 but the speed I'm getting and the connection is fine. Yes occassionally connection drops but compared to 56k.... I'm in heaven. I also live 6km form exchange and I still receive full Jetstart speed. Maybe calm cool head needed to explore problem.Q: How many times has a problem been resolved while angry? A: none.

01-04-2002, 02:32 PM
I'm using an Internal ADSL modem (a real cheapy one too) and it works fine for me. I donno why people keep crapping on internal modems, I've used cheap but reliable cards all my life.

Re your problem, I suggest if you can provide more technical details on your problem (instead of ranting) you might get some help from this board. Or were you looking for a shoulder to cry on?