PDA

View Full Version : Re storing pics- more info.

31-03-2002, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the great suggestions. I tried MyAlbum. Great program but not quite what I want. I need a prog or system that will stand alone on a CD and access the pics and infomation contained therein from the CD. This is because the CD will eventually be distributed through the family and most wouldnt have a clue or the software to access the pics on the CD so I want to make it as simple as possible.
Something like the PC world CD setup.
Re the use of MyAlbum for this. It relys on being installed on a system and all the pics are accessed through a command line to the original picture location. This may vary on some systems as the CD drive is not always D
Cheers
Colin

31-03-2002, 06:59 PM
I saw your earlier post but didn't pick up on it at the time.

Have you considered a program called FlipAlbum. That might be something like what you seek, it is a virtual photo album, you can add in comments and music etc and when you send the CD to other people the software to play it is part of the CD so they don't need the program itself.
It is simple enough to use, you would need a CD writer if you don't already have one.
Reply back here if you are interested further.

31-03-2002, 07:03 PM
Col have you thought of making a web page for your cd. You could design the page really well with pictures & info which would access the picture files on the CD if kept in the same directory. Whats more any family member with a computer would have IE etc and wouldn't need any fancy software.

31-03-2002, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. flipalbum looks good but at $US50
I like the idea of a web page. Can you point me in the direction of a simple, easy to use starter kit.

31-03-2002, 10:16 PM
Col,
have another look at My Album - it really does do exactly what you want. It is designed to be installed on and run from the cd and to run automatically. The guy even gives specific instructions on how to make an autorun cd that will detect which drive is the cd and run from there. It does work - I've tried it for exactly what you're looking to achieve. If you can't figure it, email me and I'll help you sort it.
Regards,
Ray.A.
(ray.anderson@xtra.co.nz)