PDA

View Full Version : 3D card Crashes

31-03-2002, 11:09 AM
Just read the article regarding the auto reboot in windows XP in conjuction with the Nvidia GeForce cards. I have the same problem (of crashing and rebooting) except that the reboots do not occur when playing quake3 or Max payne. it only happens when I use Winamp(is that weird or what?!). So I thought it was the Visualisations I downloaded from the internet but after uninstalling them, it still happens. Downloaded Via's 4 in 1 drivers and so far nothing yet (about 2 hours) so hopefully, that solves the problem.

PC Specs
P3 750 Mhz
Jetway Mobo (can't seem to update the Bios)
384 MB PC133 SDRAM
1x Maxtor 20GB HDD @7200rpm
1x Quantum 20GB HDD @5400rpm
1x CD reader (generic)
250W power supply
64MB GeForce 2 MX-400
PCI Sound card (generic)
Windows XP pro OS

Thanks.

31-03-2002, 01:22 PM
Just keep trying out every driver. Including some of the older versions. One of them must work for you.

I have had this problem all the time and every driver change usually results in something working good and something not working at all.

I have now got a stable driver which is stable for me but not everyone. It is version is 23.12.

31-03-2002, 05:20 PM
Well I hit jackot. I installed Nvidia's 21.83 drivers and i encountered the infinte loop problem while playing the Aliens Vs Predator2 demo.using even older drivers really distorts the picture on the monitor. the newer 23.11 just crashed it outright. so far no end in sight.... any other ideas??

would changing the M/board and work?? am thinking of getting the ASUS AV7133-C and an Athlon XP chip. any recommendations??
cheers.