PDA

View Full Version : outlook express 6 sending prob

30-03-2002, 07:43 PM
not sure what has happened but.... can no longer receive emails yet can send no prob. Have checked all settings with helpdesk and incoming/outgoing servers are correct. I dial up with freenet. I have 2 email accts, xtra & freenet. I have recently installed NAV 2002 and have that scanning emails without hitch. Today no luck receiving any emails. OS 98se, OE 6, IE 6.
Help

30-03-2002, 09:04 PM
I can't find it now, but a similar problem was on here recently and the culprit was Nortons.

As far as I can remember the solution was to turn off the incoming email scanning. You are still protected by NAV running in the background anyway.

30-03-2002, 09:17 PM
Hi Effie, I'm sorry but I'm confused, your post is headed OE6 sending prob(short for problem I assume)but the message then says that you can send without problems but can't receive.Which is it?

You say you have accounts with Xtra and freenet and connect to freenet to check your xtra mail account, xtra get a bit funny about that arrangement unless you continue to pay them they close your account, so, are you still paying xtra and if so can you get to your xtra email by logging in to xtra as isp?

Finaly, you say NAV 2002 is checking your email with no problems but you dont receive any email so how do you know that NAV is cecking it and passing it on to your inbox as it should and not just losing it?
If you are not receiving any email, how do you know that anyone has sent any?
Like I said, I'm confused.
PC

30-03-2002, 09:33 PM
I have had no luck connecting sucessfully to freenet all day to check on emails.

30-03-2002, 10:43 PM
oops good call Peter. Frustration causes error in thinking and therefore typing, sorry.
Yes I can send emails no problem. The emails are scanned by Norton as they leave. I know there are emails as I can check them on Xtra server through xtramail. I still have account with them on $5 plan.
It doesnt matter if I dial up through Xtra or Freenet I cannot download any emails from either account ot outlook express. I remember reading something once before about Norton AV conflict. Might try disabling that email scanning feature of Norton as test and will post result.
thanks

31-03-2002, 11:53 AM
I picked up this problem late on Friday night. It's nothing to do with OE6. I can send email, surf the net, and even view newsgroup messages (didn't send any though), but cannot receive emails. I'm assuming it's just a problem with Freenet, as their http://mail.free.net.nz/ page has totally gone also! I can only assume they're working on the problem... (albeit rather slowly!!)

31-03-2002, 10:06 PM
Remember reading something in the latest netguide about freenet being history but I can't find he mag so don't quote me on it.