PDA

View Full Version : excel graph / square line required for data

29-03-2002, 10:58 PM
I have different historical data files that contain values that change at time intervals only. e.g. one daily data file is price of electricity at half hour periods - this half hour period is $xx, and $xy for next half hour period etc. When you graph this data in excel, it draws angled lines between the points. This is how excel graphs it. For this data the graph is not suitable. I would prefer the line to stay horizontal from the previous data point, then at the next timed snapshot, a vertical line to the new value, horizontal at that value til the next data point etc. What I need is a graph line that is square type - continuous line, but not columnar type, as there are multiple lines on each graph, and multiple columns are too complex looking. Perhaps it could be done with a macro that inserts a row between all points with the time adjusted to one second before the next time reference but the data value copied from the last time reference. I have already done a bit of searching for a solution, as I thought it would have been a common type of required graph. I have several different historical recorded data file types that need this type of line. Could I request Microsoft to create this graph type template?
Thanks in advance..

30-03-2002, 12:26 PM
Neil

Post some samples of the data and let me take a look at it.

robo.