PDA

View Full Version : wallpaper

29-03-2002, 08:03 PM
I have tons of wallpaper & jpegs that I wish to place in the 'Display-properties-background' list- Where it says Select background pic or HML as wallpaper...

Is there an actual folder to place jpegs etc in? If I place them in the Windows folder, it does not work....

I can copy from 'My Documents-My Pics', but it seems only one at a time.

How do I do this??

CS

29-03-2002, 08:34 PM
The files for the wallpaper are stored in the Windows directory.

When selecting the wallpaper you can click 'browse' and locate the image that you want. If I remeber correctly a jpeg won't be recognised unless Active Desktop is on.

JM

29-03-2002, 10:08 PM
JM is correct

only BMP will be displayed unless active desktop is displayed under display properties

==Orac==

29-03-2002, 10:18 PM
Convert your JPGs to BMPs (RLE encoding) and your problems will go away.

It's also worth dropping a JPG into Internet explorer, then right-click and choose 'Set As Background'

You might have to edit the size, but at least something will happen.

Cheers,
Alan Carpenter

30-03-2002, 03:59 AM
Keep your .bmp files as bitmaps.... Jpegs are fine as wallpaper (with 'Active Desktop' enabled) and, being as they are usually at least 10x smaller than bitmaps, consume less resources. Bmp wallpaper files can be put into the C:\Windows folder - but the best place for both .bmp and .jpg wallpaper images is the folder c:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper You will then be able to see all the files when you go to Display Properties to select your background picture.