PDA

View Full Version : Recovering Windows CD

29-03-2002, 01:47 PM
Hi have seen somewhere a Instruction on how to accsess the hidden Partition wich holds the Windows Recovery Info.
According to these it was possible to Burn a full Windows CD from these.

As i got no Windows XP CD only a Recovery Disk with my new Computer it concerns me.
I have seen to many Harddisk fail completely or what is if I change to a New Harddisk.
After all I paid for Windows XP with my new Computer.

Am i enteiteld to a Full Cd from Microsoft or do you Know how to retrive the recovery Info to a CD?

Thanks

29-03-2002, 02:36 PM
hi, i brough a new computer from Packard Bell and i got the same deal, no cd or software disks just a stupid recovery disk. The windows cd is just hidden on c: its called i386 and the other software was in a folder on c drive too.
When i asked them for the cd they said they dont give it to you its all pre-bundled and bla bla bla

Hope this helps you.

jon.

29-03-2002, 03:42 PM
Where's the justice man!!! Your right there isn't any, when it comes to Microsoft. I would have told the vendor to uninstall the OEM version of WindowsXP and then bought my own copy off the shelf and have them install that, it might have cost a little more, but at least you would have had your own WindowsXP CD.

29-03-2002, 05:32 PM
Unfortunately, no you aren't entitled to a full Windows CD from Microsoft if you purchase a computer with the OS preinstalled.

The PC manufacturers have to bow to MS, and MS's game is to get as much dough off us as possible. They did it like that so we 'can't' pirate Windows anymore.

Next time I buy a PC I'm going to do it like Dread Lox says. Too late for you, though you can try Jon's solution.