PDA

View Full Version : outlook express 6

29-03-2002, 12:27 PM
Whenever I am connected to the internet and decide to check my outlook express 6 email, I double click my shortcut icon which opens my outlook express email. The problem is that at this point I get disconnected from the internet for some reason. This did not happen when I was running IE 5.5 but started when I downloaded IE6. In order to view my mail, I then have to reconnect to the internet. If I then decide to email somebody via outlook express 6, when I press 'send', I also once again get disconnected and have to reconnect in order for the mail to be sent. Very frustrating indeed.

29-03-2002, 02:05 PM
Hi,
what you need to do is ensure your browser and OE are bound to the same dialer...
in IE goto - tools, internet options, connections, check what is default dialer and the select dial whenever a network connection is not present....
in OE goto tools, accounts, mail tab, properties, connections, tick box and select same dialer that was selected in IE.....(or if you always connect before using OE leave box unticked)
and to stop disconnecting after sending and receiving mail, go tools, options, connections and remove tick from this option

hope this helps

29-03-2002, 03:35 PM
Many thanks jonny bee, you solved the problem perfectly.
Kind regards.