PDA

View Full Version : Sofware Survey

29-03-2002, 10:37 AM
hi, how many of you guys buy your software or download it from the internet???
and why....

jon.

29-03-2002, 11:30 AM
I buy some, Norton, windows etc and then I get my friends to download others, Flash, Dreamweaver etc... The reason is that Flash and Dreamweaver are too damn expensive.

-RQ

29-03-2002, 11:42 AM
What do you mean by download? Do you mean downloading non-legit software.

I personally try to pay for stuff as much as possible, if the price is reasonable and I can afford it. Or I use free alternatives.

JM

29-03-2002, 06:18 PM
Well, for substantial software like Partition Magic etc, I like to buy the boxed product from a local supplier, that way you get a decent manual to read.
(Does anyone remember what a manual is?)

29-03-2002, 08:33 PM
I've bought quite a bit of stuff off the internet - hardware and software. I've bought and downloaded a couple, but usually I buy and they ship.

Why? Laziness and lack of a car. I bought a computer system a year or so ago via the internet from a shop about 10 minutes drive away, just cause I couldn't be bothered going up there. Isn't that what it's all about? Convenience.

29-03-2002, 09:31 PM
I'm about to do the same. The hassle of borrowing a car and using petrol and the like it's easier to just get them to send it. Unless discounts would make it worthwhile to pick it up myself.

Can just imagine it, me on my old postie bike lugging a computer about.

JM

29-03-2002, 10:32 PM
i prefer to buy the disks rather than downloading it. saves having to burn it to disk(more cost) and you usually get a manaul to go with it(tho a lot of companies are putting them on the disks). also if you have broad band downloading 600meg is very exspencive. its cheaper to have them mail a disk than it is for you to download it. eg 600meg with ihug is approx $30 to download + approx $5 to burn to cd.

small downloads are ok. but after buying windows, office, antivirus etc theres not much $$ left for anyone esle :(