PDA

View Full Version : Graphics card problem

28-03-2002, 08:53 PM
Dear Sir

i've just upgraded Graphic card from Nvidia tnt2 m64 to a cardexperts gf2 mx 400 with 64Mb memory. a few games and found that the graphics pausing.i used the utility provided by gainward and found out that the bus type the card is using to be AGP 2times mode rather than 4 times. i've read the manuals for both my graphics card and the motherboard (Chaintech CT 7AIV using a VIA apollo KM133 two chip AGP set.) and both says that they support AGP 4times mode. i also checked the Bios settings and it said AGP4 times mode is enabled. however the AGP fast write mode is disabled and the video ram caceable function is enabled (which according to the manual will give better system performence and an error if any program writes to the same area) .I read The Graphics Card Manual and saw that the problem is addressed but the only way to fix the problem is to install the 4 in 1 drivers, but i also noticed that every time i install the BIOS patch the computer crashes because it's a VIA chip. is there new versions of via patches that fixes this? if yes where can i find them? i tried the chaintech and gainwards site without success.is there any other way that i can fix this problem?.any help would be useful.My Pc is an AMD Duron 800 with 128MB pc133 ram,10 gig maxtor nike hard drive with a Panasonic Pl 70i Monitor.The new card is Ganiward (Cardexpert) Geforce2 MX400 with 64 MB memmory.
thanks, Tyronne

28-03-2002, 09:25 PM
http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2

You can find all the VIA drivers there.....

29-03-2002, 06:49 PM
What bios have you got, if it's award I may be able to help.

29-03-2002, 09:45 PM
Nvidia disabled AGP4x support in their GF2 driver for (some) VIA chipsets as they were 'unstable'! The good news is though, that you probably wouldn't notice the difference between 2x and 4x with a 133 chipset.