PDA

View Full Version : DVD Software

28-03-2002, 07:19 PM
Hi All,

I recently purchased a DVD drive for my PC, the software that came with it is Power DVD v1.5. This was fine under win Me, but now I have XP, and it really doesn't like it. I have tried the compatability wizard with no luck.

Apart from downloading and purchasing online the latests version - does anyone know of any retail outlets (prefer in Auck) that sell DVD Software. The only two I have heard of so far are Win DVD, and Power DVD. From my searches it seems the only way to get the software is buy the DVD Drive.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kerry

29-03-2002, 12:09 AM
Sorry I can't help in recommending somewhere to buy DVD software but...

v 1.5??? I bought a DVD drive over a year ago and it came with v2.3 - and they've just recently released v4 (or PowerDVD XP as its called).

BTW I would suggest you don't try anything but PowerDVD or WinDVD - they seem to come up as tops from anybody who does reviews etc. on DVD software. I've used both - v2.3 (or whatever it was) I had trouble with to start with, so I tried out WinDVD (which worked quite well, but lacked a couple of features I liked in PowerDVD) and am now very happily using PowerDVD XP (on WinXP).

29-03-2002, 10:04 AM
Thanks Mike,

I take it that you downloaded PowerDVD XP? I am now thinking that i may have to do the same.

Thanks for the info

Kerry