PDA

View Full Version : CDRW

28-03-2002, 08:53 AM
I have just installed a CDRW into my computer and all goes well.When I copy them write music to a CDRW and then try and play it on my sterio it wont play. Do I need to use a CDR for it to play the music.By the way if I play it on my computer it plays great.
Help!
Regards
Richie

28-03-2002, 09:19 AM
CDRW will not play on CD players. Use CDR's and these will work on the majority of players - a few exceptions with older ones.
Bye

28-03-2002, 11:42 AM
Hello Ritchie,
Yes this is very frustrating but Peter is quite correct. I also had the same experience as you and found that i had to update my stero cd in order to be able to use my music disks. One thing that I did find which is frustrating at the very least was that if you left the CD in your stereo
whirling away for anything upto 15mins it did eventually play...not a great solution..in fact a very poor one. You find therefore the necessity of updating your stereo player.

28-03-2002, 02:26 PM
Also check to make sure that session is closed.What software dod you use to copy onto disk? I have used Nero and CD Creator and sometimes after copying I have to go back and close the session manually.

ChrisPea
27-03-2003, 12:15 AM
We us a Full version of Music Match to write our CD's for audio use at home. It doesn't matter whether you use a CDR or CDRW or Audio CD, this program uses CDa format to write the Audio. This format it readable by all audio cd readers