PDA

View Full Version : a specific spray to stop absorbancy of ink an paper

27-03-2002, 02:52 PM
I am a newby....I have an Epson Stylus C60 inkjet printer and I want to print on black paper. Apparently there is a spray that I can use so that the ink isn't absorbed into the paper as much. Where can I get this and do you have any clues as to whether it will help. Any other suggestions? I am really new but unfortunately my brain isn't, and I can't see why it can't be done some way or another! Thanks

27-03-2002, 04:34 PM
Hi Eliza

I don't know about any spray, but regardless, you will have extreme difficulty printing on black paper.

'White text on black background' is usually an absence of ink i.e the page is printed in black ink on white paper. I won't get into the complexities of additive or subtractive light mixing here, but in inkjet printing, lighter colours are created by using less ink.

The only way to print true 'white on black paper' is to use pigmented white ink.

You can print pseudo white on black with your inkjet (using white paper) if your WP program gives you the option of white text but you will use an awful lot of ink making the rest of the page black!

Sorry about that.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

27-03-2002, 05:58 PM
Try asking at a local printing supplies shop. I don't think printing on black paper would work all that well. But its worth a try.

JM

27-03-2002, 11:21 PM
if its a one off thing your doin. Take your file to a copyshop..Most digital copiers will be able to create a negative image ie still on white paper giving you the desired effect for probably only 20cents per page.

maybe a cheaper option.

==orac==

29-03-2002, 01:25 PM
Eliza can't help with the black paper, but can get really good design results of colour on black, another easy way.

Whay type of things are you trying to do? I am very busy right now, but if I knew the type or size of what you were trying to do I could give you easier instructions.

Writing this now, in case your posting disappears from the page, before I get around to replying with detail.

29-03-2002, 05:54 PM
Thank you to all who replied to my question. In answer (and Question) to E.C. I am trying to copy things off the net on black paper because of the effect and now it is sheer bloody-mindedness. This was going to be done for Christmas prezzies etc as I am at home and unable to work. I realise I could reverse the process, but think of the ink!!! Also I don't have a scanner which I could have used to effect. I know I am pig-headed, but do you have any suggestions please? Thanks again.