PDA

View Full Version : 'LG' CD-Writer: a good one!

27-03-2002, 09:32 AM
A month ago I purchased a CD writer / Re-writer from PB Technologies in Auckland. It is the 'LG' brand from Korea, model GCE-8240B, speeds = 24x write, 10x rewrite, 40x read. Just want to spread the word that this is a great CDR and the price was only about $260 with GST. 'LG' is the second largest CD ROM manufacturers in the world and their corporation is gigantic (never heard of them before - duh!) so it is not a cheap and nasty brand. I paid $80 to get it installed (internal of course) which was a mistake since I finally read the instruction manual and it looks quite simple to put in and run the software. BTW, my son and I have found that the TDK CDs in the Warehouse are the best deal around: $30 for 25 on a spindle, which is only $1.20 each. Backing up data now is a breeze.

27-03-2002, 09:37 AM
Forgot to mention that PB Technologies sent the CDR by courier as I do not live in AKL, so you don't have to drive over to Penrose AKL to get it. It is worthwhile to check out their prices. (I live in a rural area with no decent computer stores.)

27-03-2002, 10:35 AM
''LG' is the second largest CD ROM manufacturers in the world and their corporation is gigantic (never heard of them before - duh!) '

LG used to be 'Goldstar' which I'm sure you have heard of... you know, Goldstar TVs and Video machines etc. Its the same company.

27-03-2002, 03:33 PM
The full name is 'Lucky Goldstar'... that's my trivia contibution for the day.