PDA

View Full Version : WinXP H Edition

26-03-2002, 06:54 PM
Hi

There is a little bit of techknology that I would expect to get from someone.

I've two computers. With the new one I bought a WinXP HEdition. When the new one was on 'tour' for some replacement of some components recently, I installed WinXP HE into my old one. It was a mistake in all respects.

Now I want to delete the whole stuff and put my Win95 back into it.

How do I format the HD. Some instructions were given to me sometime back bu someone in this same column. But I couldn't catch up with its sequence since it was not properly explained.

Please give me some info on this that will be clear enough to try a DIY.

I don't have a start up disk (floppy) I mean) except the Win95 CD or the XP HE.

Cheers
Mukesh

26-03-2002, 07:46 PM
Why in God's name would you want to put Win95 back on for ?
Pawn off WinXP and get Win98SE at the very least.

Anyway, if u dont know how to create a startup disk... I think u better take it into your computer vendor and leave it up to the professionals.

26-03-2002, 09:19 PM
www.cyberwalker.net

Follow the above link and on there home page look for the link for Reinstall and Reformat in the How To box on the top left of the page, that will link you to other pages in the site, one will be about reformatting and reinstalling 95.

If you don't have a windows boot up floppy disk for 95 you will have to make one from someone who does have 95 or get one from someone.

26-03-2002, 11:17 PM
Thanks Gordon. It was so much helpful.

Mukesh

26-03-2002, 11:19 PM
Do you think that Win XP HE is thati nferior to 98SE?
Please explain.

Thank you for your help.
Mukesh

26-03-2002, 11:20 PM
Do you think that Win XP HE is that iferior to 98SE?
Please explain.

Thank you for your help.
Mukesh

27-03-2002, 03:17 AM
You can also use the Win98se or winME boot floppy to reinstall 95.

If in need post back with a contact email and I will see what I can do to help you out with a floppy though you should be able to get or create a floppy from one of your friends if they use 95/98se or ME.

Cheers

28-03-2002, 06:22 PM
Thanks Gordon.

I have a Win 98 SE starup disk. I tried to make a bootup disk from Win95. But I was confused with what I was doing becasue, I could't find any info in the Right Click A Window to 'create a boot disk'. So I simply commanded to copy System files. That disk is still with me.

Would these help me to fix the isse?

Please reply Gordon.

Cheers
Mukesh