PDA

View Full Version : Dynalink USB adsl modem

26-03-2002, 03:47 PM
Hi, I have ordered jetstart and am now thinking of which modem to buy. Are the dynalink USB modems any good, better or worse than say the ale 070 dlink router.. does it have any advantages/disadvanteges compared to non usb modems, is it slower speed wise, does it disconnect ... basically anything that will help me make a better decision.
And I most probly wont be lannign PCs... so its just for 1 computer..

26-03-2002, 04:03 PM
Dont use a USB modem. if you are going to use any ADSL modem, use a standard ethernet modem connecting into the back of a network card. These are available from any PC store and are cheaper than USB.

hoopzta
09-10-2002, 12:35 PM
The ale070 is not a d-link it's a dynalink and yes it is a very good modem. If you are running a few things off your usb however it may not work. Normally they will work fine with say a usb keyboard and mouse but not scanners and printers etc. The way to get around that would to also buy a self powered hub which work really well.
Usb is a funny thing but workis faster in my opinion than a standard ethernet one.

Mike
09-10-2002, 12:42 PM
hoopzta,

Is there any real reason you're going through and answering 6-12 month old questions??? You'll probably find they're not relevant anymore.

Mike.