PDA

View Full Version : Zone alarm V3 stops Hotmail Login

26-03-2002, 11:16 AM
Re my previous post, I upgraded to ZA Pro Version 3 to see if it would cure my intermittent True Vector loading problem.

Now I find that although I can access the Hotmail home page, I can't log in to my account. I have to shut down ZA to check my mail & I can't see any obvious setting that would cause this.

ZA Pro V2.6 didn't have this glitch and I imported all my previous settings when I installed it.

(Don't say I told you so tweak'e)

Michael

26-03-2002, 02:31 PM
I've just had continuous problems with ZA Pro3. It sometimes stops all my internet activities because of ZA crashing and when this happens I lose all my logs and program settings.

The problem you'll be having is the Privacy Settings. Since ZA has adblocking features like blocking Javascript ads and popups it also blocks things that aren't ads. I prefer using an alternative ad blocker to ZA and just have ZA's privacy settings turned off.

26-03-2002, 08:43 PM
Frankly, I wonder why I bother with ZoneAlarm.

It only stops games like SWGB and AOE from reporting back to base when they run. It's never reported a single attack of any kind.

And it seems to intermittently bugger hotmail. Not all the time, just one or tow accounts. One works fine.

robo.

01-04-2002, 03:24 PM
I recently upgraded to version 3 which has given me some headaches. I found that removing the setting to block 3rd party cookies allowed access to my partners hotmail account. Every time you clicked on the Inbox it sent you back to the login page. I have gone back to the earlier version of Zonealarm V2.6 for now until there are some fixes.