PDA

View Full Version : Free webmail

25-03-2002, 11:18 PM
Just wanting some recommendations on free webmail providers.

Not Yahoo, Hotmail and the like.

Cheers, JM

26-03-2002, 12:21 AM
www.zipmail.co.nz

26-03-2002, 09:19 AM
email.com is a good one. But which ever one you choose, do NOT - repeat do NOT link your regular ISP email address. That is, if you in fact do have an ISP email address (such as xtra or paradise, etc.), NEVER send this either way to your free virtual address or link it in any way. Why? Because you will get junk mail sent to it!

26-03-2002, 01:25 PM
I use a Eudora webmail account and address which I then access through Eudora client (which is fairly full-featured). It does go down periodically for short spells (sometimes inconvenient but not really bothersome) and my only reservation is that it automatically opens attachments. If these are not monitored in some way at the server end then it could be a loophole for virus entry. There may be a way to switch off automatic opening but I don't know it. Virtually no spam.

Eudora client is available in sponsored mode (ie free) in which you get one small, unobtrusive, non-animated ad at a time

26-03-2002, 01:30 PM
PS For a listing of free e-mail sites (may contain web and client apps) try -
www.onecom.net/lamiya/email.html

27-03-2002, 02:09 PM
I've tried lots. Try www.netincome.com

You can use bold underline ect all the formatting. about 6mb of of storage.

Best of all, lots of .com to choose from. I got my first name @ mt last name .com

27-03-2002, 07:11 PM
http://mail2world.com

Free features include:
10MB storage
Email Translation
Vacation Autoresponder
Virus Scanner
& more.

Plus they have over 2000 domains to choose from.

I've found them very good in the 6 months i've been using them for.

28-03-2002, 11:00 PM
Cheers all.

JM