PDA

View Full Version : Internet service providers

25-03-2002, 09:12 PM
Hi, have any users used E3.net
or freenet,are they both reliable providers,any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks.

25-03-2002, 10:59 PM
I used Freenet last year and found them rather slow. They also did not inform me when they changed to their 200 free minutes and I was caught out two months running. Had to cough up $14.75 for each month without having the chance to use 'unlimited internet access'. Didn't trust them after that and resigned.

Would be a good option for those who just want email access and very little surfing. 200 minutes a month goes nowhere.

26-03-2002, 01:25 AM
I have recently changed to Quicksilver. www.quicksilver.net.nz, and am paying $20per month for unlimited access. It is fast enough, although overseas pages load noticeably slower than local ones. The only other problem is that from time to time, I get a busy signal. Not the best, but still pretty cheap which is my perogative.

G P

26-03-2002, 01:46 PM
Watch one point with Freenet (assuming they haven't changed their rules). My family had 3 free (under 200 minutes) accounts on one Home phone line (mainly for e-mail and fair enough because only one could be online at a time). Their new rule said that if any one account on a single phone line went over 200 minutes in a month ALL accounts on that line would be charged the excess $14.95. We dumped them.

26-03-2002, 10:50 PM
I also found Freenet rather slow, but am currently using Clear, $14.95 for 150 hours, or Inet is another good one that has just linked with another, and they are $20 a month unlimited.