PDA

View Full Version : Quicksilver ISP

25-03-2002, 03:59 PM
HI Folks,

would anyone be using the quicksilver isp? any comment about it thanks.

regards,
Bob

25-03-2002, 10:55 PM
There have been posts regarding people using Quicksilver on this forum in the past. Do a search for Quicksilver and you'll find them.

26-03-2002, 02:51 AM
Hi, I have been with them a week or two. Good connection speed here in Dunedin. Have a little trouble with getting through sometimes (busy signal) I rang them at 9:55pm one night, left a message on the machine, and they rang back within 30mins. They reckon it is because they still have a lot of customers going through their national number, and they are slowly rolling out individual no.s to each district.

They gave me the then unnannounced Dunedin no., and there was only a slight improvement.

They are cheap tho. I am still on the fence with this issue. Sorry.

G P

26-03-2002, 11:50 AM
Been with them for a couple of months & I reckon the download speeds are slower than xtra. $10.00 cheaper than xtra though & the free 10mb webspace is handy.

Helpdesk is excellent & if they are busy they ring back promptly. And helpdesks they actually know what they are talking about.

I fired off an email to them last night re- the slower download speeds & will let you know what they say.

Been with them for a couple of months & I reckon the download speeds are slower than xtra. $10.00 cheaper than xtra though & the free 10mb webspace is handy.

Helpdesk is excellent & if they are busy they ring back promptly. And as far as helpdesks go they actually know what they are talking about.

I fired off an email to them last night re- the slower download speeds & will let you know what they say.

Helpdesk is excellent & if they are busy they ring back promptly. And as far as helpdesks go they actually know what they are talking about.

26-03-2002, 11:58 AM
'Damn the treble click'

Sorry about that!

I got an email back from quicksilver this morning as follows:

Dear Billy,

We apologise for the inconvenience. We are aware that we have a speed problem on international connectivity, and our network team is looking into it.

We would be grateful for any information is addition to the throughput figures you have provided below, such as ping or traceroute information.

Best regards
QSI Helpdesk

As you can see they are honest and admit there is a problem, no hiefer dust like some of them.
The download speed is about 3.5 to 5kb/sec compared to a constant 4.75-5 I was getting with xtra.

Unless you are downloading heaps I wouldn't worry too much as it looks like they will do something about it.