PDA

View Full Version : Scroll Bar Confuses the Aged!!

25-03-2002, 03:03 PM
Can someone please help? My Mother is a new user and has a new computer, but she tells me that the scroll bar arrows on the right of the screen are very close together, so she can't see a full page [I think she can only see a line at a time]. Anyone know what she's done and how to undo it?

25-03-2002, 03:41 PM
The size is set in the display control panel, appearance tab.

To reset the size, just select the windows standard scheme.

If she need it bigger, you can set the size by selecting scrollbar from the Item drop down list.

25-03-2002, 04:06 PM
Has she perhaps resized the height of the window? If so, get her to click on the maximise icon (top right hand side - between the _ and the X.

James

25-03-2002, 05:21 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys, don't know what she's done as she lives in England!! So have sent your words of wisdom to her.
Cheers :-)

25-03-2002, 09:46 PM
Hi Lucy, it's my guess she is refering to a split screen view of Outlook Express Inbox where the top part shows a list of recently received mail and the bottom part displays the text of the currently open item.

If this is the case she should move her mouse pointer over the horizontal dividing line until it changes into an arrow with a head at each end, at that point press and hold the left mouse key and drag the line up as far as she wants it to be then release the key.

Hope this helps PC