PDA

View Full Version : Using Press F1 Online

02-09-1998, 12:39 PM
How do you find Press F1 Online to use? Any suggestions? Any problems? Please let us know what you think

Haggis
06-09-2008, 06:09 PM
I was under the impression that if there was an answer to my problem that the reply would be directed to my "given" e-mail address - Am I right - - or do I have to look for replies in the body of the F1 page

Tukapa
06-09-2008, 06:16 PM
I wonder if they are still waiting for a reply after 10 years? :)

beeswax34
06-09-2008, 06:30 PM
You have to enable the notification of replies via email.

Go to your user CP -> Edit Options -> Default Thread Subscription Mode -> Instant email notification.

PS. Why the digging up of a 10 year old post?

Jen
06-09-2008, 06:31 PM
I was under the impression that if there was an answer to my problem that the reply would be directed to my "given" e-mail address - Am I right - - or do I have to look for replies in the body of the F1 pageYour options show that you have "Automatic Thread Subscription Mode - Do not subscribe" selected. This means you will not get any emails unless you manually subscribe to any thread you create or post in.

Go into your UserCP (http://forums.pcworld.co.nz/usercp.php) and under Edit Options (left hand margin), select Messaging & Notification. You will see your notification options there. Change that to "Instant Email Notification" or whatever other preference suits.

feersumendjinn
06-09-2008, 07:05 PM
One thing that annoys, is when replying to posts, if one doesnt preview the text in the reply message box before moving away from that page (say, if looking something up, or Googling etc), the text has disappeared when you go back. Is it possible to do something about that or is it the nature of the beast?
And the clock is inaccurate ;).

Jen
06-09-2008, 07:08 PM
if one doesnt preview the text in the reply message box before moving away from that page (say, if looking something up, or Googling etc), the text has disappeared when you go back.You mean if you open up another tab to search etc, then when you view your post tab the text has gone? Or are you using the back button to return to your post on the same page?

jwil1
06-09-2008, 07:10 PM
No, he means when navigating to another site in the same tab :)

feersumendjinn
06-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Just using the back button (it seems upon trying it :) ); normal web page behavior?

Jen
06-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Well then I am not surprised his text has vanished. It wouldn't be in any cache as it hadn't been transmitted by posting or previewing. Using the back/forward button is a good way to double post or lose the post. :p

feersumendjinn
06-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Aah, ok, that explains it, thanks, Jen.

Renmoo
06-09-2008, 07:45 PM
How do you find Press F1 Online to use? Any suggestions? Any problems? Please let us know what you think
Sounds like a message from the authority.

(One of yours, Bruce?)

sal
06-09-2008, 07:51 PM
One thing that annoys, is when replying to posts, if one doesnt preview the text in the reply message box before moving away from that page (say, if looking something up, or Googling etc), the text has disappeared when you go back. Is it possible to do something about that or is it the nature of the beast?

If you use Firefox and have this problem a lot, give the Textarea Cache (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5761) extension a try.