PDA

View Full Version : Viva La Jetstream!!!!

24-03-2002, 10:18 AM
Can't understand why there is currently so much fuss about the mini outages on the Jetstream/ Jetstart services ?
Why only this morning when loading a webpage - I clicked - went away and showered, had breakfast etc - and returned just in time to see the page arrive 100%
Yesterday was better! - clicked - went and changed both wheels on the boat trailer and although the page hadnt full arrived on my return - it was close!!
So - thanks to Jetstream - I am multi tasking most days - Of course if I want to do some serious downloading - all I have to do is get up at 2-3am and it comes down wonderfully - I have been thinking of returning to 56k dialups - but that I believe is now too much of a luxury - probably be able to go to work and return in time to see the home page arriving

24-03-2002, 08:13 PM
looks like one of the engines broken down .....

i have 56k and university lan access via T3 .. downloads at >100k/sec!

25-03-2002, 11:38 AM
Peter

Are you sure all of your woes are the fault of Jetstream? I experience none of the problems you mention and have only suffered one outage in a year of happy Jetstreaming. That was a few weeks back when there was an acknowledged problem.

Factors that could influence your Jetstream performance include distance from the exchange, quality of house wiring, setup of your computer, and the modem you use. I had one slow computer that went ballistic when I changed two settings (MTU & someting else, can't quite remember what it was but it always goes with MTU). Before the changes it was slower than a 28.8K dialup. Much slower!

Think about it & try some tests.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

25-03-2002, 11:03 PM
This may be of interest:

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=29931&cid=3218721