PDA

View Full Version : Computer no start

22-03-2002, 07:09 PM
i have just started up windows 95 and it said my system ini file was missing or damaged i caannot start my computer what do i do?

22-03-2002, 07:25 PM
I had the same problem with mine (but it was 3.1) I accidently edited the system.ini file so windows couldn't load. Someone on the net found me the system.ini file for Win 95 a few months back, I think all you do is chuck it on floppy them throw the floppy in when it loads. Someone else might have another solution, in the meanwhile ill search for the system.ini file for you. Stay tuned./

22-03-2002, 07:32 PM
If Rebel is correct Windows 95 CD has a system.ini file on the CD itself if I am not mistaken.

I don't know if the file can be used or not but it's worth a try before doing a reinstallation.

23-03-2002, 02:32 PM
It is probably best to reinstall Windows 95. Try pressing F8 when it says that it is 'Loading Windows 95'. Choose to start in DOS. First try 'C:\Win95\setup'. That will work if you have the installation files on the hard disk.

Otherwise you will have to do 'D:\setup' and insert the CD. If you have to do that, and you have enough space on the hard drive, it is a good idea to copy the Win95 directory of the CD to your hard disk.

Windows needs to be reloaded from time to time.