PDA

View Full Version : Macromedia 5 or 6 download file

21-03-2002, 04:54 PM
Hey gang,

Been searching around for either Macromedia 5 or 6 to download in a non auto off the net install. AKA in a zip format of setup file to save to desktop etc..

Reason being as we have a number of PC's networked here at work with only one PC with unlimited open access to the net, with the rest behind a very strict firewall (this is one of the few sites I can access behind the firewall...yay!).

The problem is when downloading macromedia it self installs off the net onto the main computer. I've been unable to save it to an actual document to transfer to the other PC's, let alone copying the installed files and transfering those as it still does not work.

Anyone know of a site where I can download it as an actual file rather than an auto install?

Cheers troops,

Daniel

21-03-2002, 06:04 PM
What Macromedia program is it that you are wanting?

PC World regularly have Flash and Shockwave on their cover CDs.

JM

21-03-2002, 07:02 PM
Thanks I never even thought to check out the CD's...I'll have to have a squizz through them and put them on floppy disks (we're running works PIII's without CD Roms?...yes I'm afraid so).

As for the program I'm initially after something that will view shockwave/flash prog's, and Macromedia 5 or 6 seems to be the most up to date with .swf files we view at times.

Thanks again =