PDA

View Full Version : drivers

21-03-2002, 05:23 AM
How do I backup the drivers for the video card and the sound card or modem etc. or any other before I reformat. I only have floppies to backup to.
I did not do it and now I have a problem.
Thank you for any help.
Allan

21-03-2002, 07:16 AM
use windows backup program and you can backup whatever you need to backup in floppy disk even bigger size file which don't fit in floppy you can compress about 36 mb in 4 disk

21-03-2002, 07:22 AM
You can't really back them up, unless you saved them when you downloaded them.

I save any drivers I download in a folder, then copy them to a floppie.

It doesn't really matter if you don't have them, as windows will reinstal most of them, when you reinstal windows.

Any that it won't install, or any where the hardware is newer, than the version of windows that you reinstal, you will have to download again.

21-03-2002, 10:00 AM
If you have installed all the correct drivers, you can right click my computer/properties then device manager and see exactly what components you have ie video adapter is a ...., the modem is a ....., the sound/game controller is a .....audio device; or otherwise after your install you will need to open it up and physically look. It will save you time.

Hope this helps, I know I've kicked myself for not writing them down before a format.