PDA

View Full Version : Outlook express 6

20-03-2002, 10:53 PM
I can not get the spell checker to work in XP. I get an error message saying that it could not check spelling. Spell checker is ticked in the e mail options.
I have office 97 installed but what's strange is that the spell checker works in microsoft outlook.I have tried two versions of xp and have the same result. Is their conflict between office 97 and xp?
thanks

20-03-2002, 11:23 PM
Hi David,

I recently had this problem and it was an easy fix. Have a look at Tools, Options, Spelling. Make sure the language selected is the same as the one selected in Office. That was all that was causing my similar problem. I have Office 2000 and I recently installed the SR1 patch. For some reason it changed the language in Outlook Express and caused the spelling to malfunction.

Cheers,
Rod.

21-03-2002, 06:27 PM
Hi,
I had this problem and the cure was not as simple as above.It involved inserting the XP disc and running a certain command. It wasn't difficult but unfortunately I don't remember it. I got the fix from a newsgroup and it seems to be a common happening with XP and 97. Go to the following newsgroup and do a search for spellchecker.
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlooke xpress

Or try Google.