PDA

View Full Version : Can the empty recycle bin be retrieved????

20-03-2002, 06:16 AM
I accidently dumped a folder I need into the recycle bin (Windows 95) and then to compound the problem actually EMPTIED the bin. I have not touched the computer since. Can I get my files back ?????

20-03-2002, 11:27 AM
Ley

There is no facility in Windows that will do this, but third party 'undelete' utilities from Nortons or similar companies can do it.

Nortons can be run from the CD for emergency undeleting but read the manual carefully first. From memory the computer boots from the CD for emergency recovery but if yours won't do this or isn't set up for it you will have to go to the BIOS and change the boot sequence to put the CD first. It is probably covered in the Norton manual but I can't access mine to check right now. I have used Norton's undelete myself after advanced brain-fade saw me delete a pile of important files via a utility program that didn't involve the recycle bin. I got most of them back ok.

I hope you are not using the same computer to access Press F1 as this may compromise the deleted files. You probably won't recover the folder as such but the individual files should show up.

Good luck

Billy 8-{)