PDA

View Full Version : Printer Ink Levels....

18-03-2002, 09:47 PM
I've just purchased a Epson C40ux printer running on a XP machine, and the printer Ink Levels do not show up. What are the possible causes of this and how may it be fixed. Apart from that the printer works and prints perfectly.

18-03-2002, 10:32 PM
I wouldn't let it worry you as I have found the reported ink levels to be highly inaccurate especially if you refill.

19-03-2002, 06:05 PM
I don't think much of Epson's clever printers. Friends have an Epson 480 which said the black cartridge was empty after about 3 text pages. That was on a cold morning, and I am sure it was temperature dependent. The bloody thing refused to print with an 'empty' cartridge. A few days later, it worked again. With the same cartridge. I am thinking of giving them a dot matrix printer. They work. The print gets lighter and lighter, and eventually you fit a new ribbon.

Does the c40 still print even while indicating empty? That will reduce the number of cartridges they sell!

23-03-2002, 04:19 PM
I had among other probs with my epson c20 the same problem as you - did you install the status monitor - this is on the c.d with the printer - if you don't install that on the c20 you don't get the ink levels showing so it might pay to check if you have installed it - it will show up in the programs if you have. Must agree with the other replies though these printers are a real headache - chew through ink and won't let you refill it till its right out even if its saying low but there is no ink coming through won't let you change etc... would not ever recommend an epson to anybody!