PDA

View Full Version : email letterhead

18-03-2002, 03:55 PM
How may I create my business letterhead with logo graphic and text details as, say, stationery in MS Outlook Express?

I have tried to set this up and then `Save as Stationery?, but all that is saved is the background colour/picture. The inserted logo and the text in the body of the letter is not saved ? rather it is treated as the text of a particular message.

18-03-2002, 04:33 PM
Hi. It's a 2 step process - create the background as you've done, then create a 'signature' with the text and logo.

18-03-2002, 04:40 PM
If you have a logo graphic you need to save it in the same file as the stationery items. On my PC this is in 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery'.

The Stationery Wizard doesn't give you an option to have a logo graphic and a background, which is probably where you are getting stuck.

You would be better off creating your letterhead on a webpage, ie creating and saving the file as html, which is what stationery pages are, remembering to keep your graphics in the stationery folder. You need to know and understand html to be able to do this, or get someone who does.

18-03-2002, 05:06 PM
Another way of looking at it is using a jpg file, not as a attachment but inserting the graphic into the body of the message.
We use that for selected emails, a small tightly cropped image of one of our airctaft which has had text inserted using a graphics program and then saved.

18-03-2002, 09:01 PM
Thanks, Greg S. I got three replies inside a few hours.

I'm back on the case!

Malcolm

18-03-2002, 09:03 PM
Thanks, Susan. I got three replies inside a few hours.

I'm back on the case!

Malcolm

18-03-2002, 09:05 PM
Thanks, Gordon. I got three replies inside a few hours.

I'm back on the case!

Malcolm