PDA

View Full Version : MS Fax gone mad

06-06-1999, 08:10 PM
I have Windows 98 and installed the fax program from the Win98 CD-ROM. All had been working well until I entered the wrong fax number for a message that I wanted to send to Australia. Instead of the number being x xxxxxxxx I mistakenly put in 0x xxxxxxxx and of course it doesn't get through, it just dials then hangs up. The problem is, it keeps on trying, and trying, and trying ad nauseum, EVERY time I start the Inbox and Windows Messaging.

I have tried changing the options to retry only once but because it was set at retry five times before this fax was created, it won't stop (even after five goes!).

I have uninstalled Windows Messaging and Fax through the Control Panel and then reinstalling but although the message is no longer visible in the outbox, etc, it STILL keeps attempting to dial up. I wouldn't have a clue how to change the phone number in order to correct it, never mind delete the thing permanently, which is what I want to do.

Because of all these attempts to send that fax, the Outgoing Faxes Queue box keeps getting full of this fax.

I believe there is a file somewhere that I should be able to delete to solve the problem, but which one? Can anyone help, please?