PDA

View Full Version : STUMPED!!! IE window reduced

16-03-2002, 10:58 AM
I'm stumped. I don't know how or when it happened. Sometime this week my IE6 suddenly cannot open a link in full window.

1. Start IE6 goto home page.
2. At home page, right click on a link to open in new window.
3. New IE6 window open on screen but just the blue titlebar (note - its not minimised to taskbar). The content are hidden unless I find the bottom right corner of the 'object' and drag/resign it to full window (or click on the maximise icon which is left of 'X').

I think it started happening when I install the no-advert thingy from this month's PCWorld. I found it didn't stop pop ups so I uninstall it. I think that when the problem started.

I've searched everywhere in IE6 and I can't find a setting which says open links in minimised window!!!!

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

16-03-2002, 12:57 PM
Des, not sure quite what you are getting at but might offer this silly suggestion.

Mine was playing up, every new window was microscopic. So, I maximised it (only copy open), then Dragged it in a tiny little bit, then did the Max, Min thing with the button and it hardly shifted. Closed IE, started up again, fine. Everything back to normal. Was a real pain, so easily fixed.

robo.

16-03-2002, 01:25 PM
Best method that I have found is - right click bottom task bar - then click both Tile H & V. Then when opening in new window it is always full size. Do the above after opening new window. Hope it makes sense.
Bye