PDA

View Full Version : A.P.C. Magazine

14-03-2002, 06:58 PM
Another Periodical Crapped-Out, it was good until the last upgrade,
Cheers from Willy.

14-03-2002, 07:55 PM
Yeah,

I bought one once, because they were the first people to get benchmarks on the P4... The benchmarks were fairly poorly carried out, and the rest of the mag was a load of horse...

:(

Erin

14-03-2002, 09:01 PM
I preddy much stick to PC World and Atomic because they have good hardware reviews and include overclocked performance.

I sometimes buy other mags if I spot a review I'm interested in or they have a good cover CD, like the CleanSweep2002 the other month.

JM

15-03-2002, 03:07 AM
Yes I will drop it and stick with NZ PC World, at least they have 'Pascal' articles.

15-03-2002, 04:53 PM
They've had some good cover CDs. The best was Red Hat Linux, Beos, and OS/2 Warp 4 all in one month.

I haven't seen the latest issue, but when you see anyone talking about improvements, you know that it's going to cost more and give you less. (That law world for Government Depts, companies, and magazines).

My personal choice for the Worst Betrayal of Loyal Readers award was Electronics Australia. That had the first construction series for a home made computer in the world. All TTL chips, and a design based on the PDP8. They used to have good cosntruction articles, and although electronics based, covered a lot of computer stuff too. Now it's a glossy press release republisher.

The Good Old Days. I want them back.

15-03-2002, 11:23 PM
Oh you used to read Electronics Australia?, Same here, until about a year before it closed down, APC has gone the same way as APC,
not a magazine but 'A buyers guide'
From Willy