PDA

View Full Version : Windows Explorer - Details

12-03-2002, 09:15 AM
I am running Windows 98SE and am having a small problem with Windows Explorer. Under 'View', I like to show all files in the right pane with 'details', but recently this appears blank. Large icons, small icons and lists are all OK, but not details. I like to use details because it?s possible to sort by date and thus find recent files much more easily. Any clues as to how I might restore or reactivate 'details'? In ten years from Win 3.11 to 98SE, I have never seen this problem before! Many thanks...

12-03-2002, 12:10 PM
What do you get when you select details?

Try selecting details then right clicking to the right of the NAME bar and select 'size', 'attributes', 'type' whatever.

12-03-2002, 12:24 PM
When I select details I get a pristine white empty screen - in the right pane of the Explorere window that is.

12-03-2002, 03:02 PM
AD, That worked like a dream and I also learnd that one can drag and re-order the title bars at the top because the list of files ended up on the right and the details to the left.
I spoke with the techie who manufactured my computer this morning and he could not offer a solution. So full marks to you. I wonder, can you tell me what caused this problem and how it was resolved. Mail me at abdi@clear.net.nx if you prefer. Bill