PDA

View Full Version : Nokia Ni 200

08-03-2002, 07:21 PM
Well, zfree is closing and I m thinking of changing to Jetstart. ADSL modem, I saw the Nokia Ni 200 for 149 +GST, a Dynalink for 199+GST
and a Asus aam-6000-pi for 198+GST, Which one of these you guys think is best buy??

Which of these is the best??
and also, I m outside of the 5 km radius of the transition point, ppl told me that external modem would be much faster for me is this true?? And are there modems with 'amplified' power that let me have super speed even though I m outside the radius??

Thanks man ...

Just like to add that, people who answer these postings are greatly appreciated, but sometimes we cannot thank them simply because no one would read the older postings after they've been answered. And it would be meaningless to post 'thanks msges'.

08-03-2002, 07:39 PM
Thanks msges, are fine.

It's the only pay we get.

08-03-2002, 08:53 PM
Have you tried the test on the Telecom site to see how your phone line would work with it, it will give you the probable speeds. Keep in mind Jetstart only needs 128k.

https://www.telecom.co.nz/tools/1,,100551-1487,00.html

As for modems I have heard more bad about the internals than the externals, dynalink routers have come right down in price (around $300) and I have never had a problem with mine. Also eliminates the need for drivers and makes sharing a lot easier.

Hope this helps

09-03-2002, 10:17 AM
Stick with Dynalink - I've heard a little bird suggest Nokia are about to exit (voluntarily), out of the modem business, and you'll then find service & support harder and harder to get.

Just my humble 2c worth.

BTW, why change to JetStutter or JetScream now? May as well wait until they've sorted out all their 'issues' and save yourself some dosh at the same time!

TeleFacist can't seem to make up their mind whether they're capping their broadband options or not, so might as well wait until they've got their shite together.

Sharkey