PDA

View Full Version : W98 startmenu

08-03-2002, 03:42 PM
Programs listed under Programs button off start menu are displayed in the order they were loaded onto the machine. How do I change them to be alphabetical?

08-03-2002, 04:09 PM
Dunno, sorry Alan, but did you know that you can click and hold your mouse on them and drag them to whatever place you want?

A bit tedious if you've got a ton of them, but creating your own subfolders and shifting the shortcuts around to suit yourself makes more sense. Take charge of your PC!

08-03-2002, 04:13 PM
2 ways of sorting, you can select the link with your left click and hold and drag up or down to where you want it. Same applies if you wanted to sort your favourites into a tidier order as well.

Second way and it has been a long time since I used 98 but you could also try Start>Settings>Taskbar and Start menu>Advanced>Resort. If this option is availble it will be quicker than dragging.

08-03-2002, 04:13 PM
Alan,

If you open up that menu and right-mouse button click anywhere in the menu popup you'll see an option 'Sort by Name' try clicking this and it should sort your menu in alphabetical order.

Hope this helps :-)

11-03-2002, 10:36 AM
So simple!! Many thnaks, I knew it was out there somewhere.