PDA

View Full Version : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO errors

07-03-2002, 05:40 PM
Hi, I am using a Windows XP Home Edition system , and recently we have come to a STOP error.

I went to the Settings tab in Display properties when this whole problem started. WXP restart, started up, logged in, then restarted, started up, and then I logged in when it told me the problem:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO
This came with a Stop error:
*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0xF34FD000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x80526B13)
I read this up on Microsoft Support and TechNet on my old computer, and it said that a STOP: 0xA error message is because a hardware or software program is accessing and incorrect memory address. It even said that there is a third line, and that tells you something about what is causing the error. However, the blue screen didn't tell me what the problem file was. THis happens everytime the computer logs in. So, all I want to know is, is this a hardware problem, or a software problem? (URL: http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314063) The computer has a GeForce 2 64MB Graphics card, which I think maybe the problem. However the computer company who we got it from (PCBitz) say that is has something to do with Apache Web Server being installed, but I uninstalled that day. I have even turned off everything running at start-up but the problem still occurs. I could only run the computer in safe mode. Thanks.

07-03-2002, 06:29 PM
Congratulations!!

You have just suffered at the hands of the most common XP problem.

That like the common cold appears to have no real cure..

It is also referred to as an Infinite loop error, some people have it some don't. No common ground.

I got rid of it by changing my Mobo to one using an intel chipset as opposed to a VIA...problem solved!! but then for some people this hasn't fixed it

It is well documented on the VIA forums, NVmax apparently has a fix for it.

My advice is have a good read of the forums and see what applies to you. You may not be using a VIA chipset but there is a lot of info there in relation to this problem....and a few things you could try

http://forums.viaarena.com/categories.cfm?catid=13

Quote '(PCBitz) say that is has something to do with Apache Web Server being installed' as far as that being the problem 'Bollocks' they are just using a FOB OFF excuse.....

Hope this helps

07-03-2002, 08:29 PM
BIZZZT. This is not the infinate loop problem. You probably have faulty memory.

07-03-2002, 10:46 PM
Well actually they are one in the same thing....have a read of the forums linked above.

There is more to it than than just saying 'You probably have faulty memory'.

It can be drivers accessing memory blocks that are restricted, faulty page files not to mention a whole host of other reasons.